Sunday, November 8, 2015

Another great weekend has come and gone--we always try to live it up to the fullest on weekends, since week days and nights are so busy. On Friday, I took a bunch of WHS students on a tour of UMAINE (with some other faculty members) and I arrived home to see that Callum got his first report card!! The current 'liberal-cushy-system-du-jour' is absent of any As or Bs or Fs. Instead, the pinnacle to earn was an "O" for "Outstanding." Or you could earn a "VG" for "very good." Callum did  very very well on his report card, and we took him out to SweetFrog for a special report card treat...you will see a pic of the two kids down at the bottom of this post. 

Saturday was spent making/drinking amazing coffee with Maira (she helped with the making...not the drinking) and I always sit outside and have my first cup of the weekend. I wonder if, even when we are buried under snow and it is freezing, if I will go drink it outside. I think I will just for ceremonial purposes...haha. Maira and I also hit-up Hillmans for some amazing donuts. More firewood was stacked (we still have a bunch to do) and we took Orso for a 'byebyeride' just down the road to the Kennebec RailTrail for a beautiful gray-fall-day hike over some bridges, through some meadows, and by some riverbanks. Below you can see Orso and I --along with the most enthusiastic four year old yoga practitioner you will ever meet....

It was a little too warm for my taste yesterday...probably even upwards of sixty!! Gross!! Currently, it is 9pm and 39 degrees. So I guess that is SOMEWHAT of an improvements! I cant wait for the cold weather!!!



Maira's favorite SweetFrog flavors are 'cupcake batter,' regular chocolate, and 'cotton candy.' Callum is strictly a 'cottoncandy' yogurt fan. Oh, and then they dumped gummy frogs, m&ms, sprinkles, and more on their fantastic concoctions....


No comments: